- Academic Advisors
- Explore & Enroll in Engineering
- Apply To Your Major
- Undergraduate Research
- Grand Challenges
- Graduate Study
- Transfer Credit
- Academic Standing & Policies
- Student Resources
- Forms and Petitions
Academic Path Peers
Exploring majors and not sure where to start? There's an APP for that!
Academic Path Peers, or APPs, are undergraduate students who are available to answer questions and chat with current students about life as an engineering student in their specific major or pre-major. APPs can talk to you about their own experiences choosing an engineering major, getting involved on campus, finding a work/study/life balance, and life as a Buckeye. These conversations can help you figure out your own individual academic path. Plus, it's a great way to meet other engineering students and make Ohio State feel like home!
How does it work?
Step 1: Check out our APP directory.
All of our APPs are listed in their current program. Click on an APP's name to see additional information about their involvement, major exploration, and pieces of advice for new students. You can use this information to find an APP who will be able to answer questions you have about life in the College of Engineering.
Step 2: Fill out an APP Connect Form.
Once you find an APP you'd like to chat with, fill out the APP Connect Form and our office will send you and the student an email introducing you to one another to get the conversation started.
How do I become an APP?
Interested in helping other students find their academic path? Apply to be an Academic Path Peer!
To submit an application for consideration, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled in the College of Engineering as an undergraduate engineering student (major or pre-major)
- Be responsive to questions from current students and chat about your experience at Ohio State.
- Be friendly and professional.
- Provide examples of thoughtful advice for other students.
- Be in good academic standing at the university.
- Recommended but not required: maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
We look forward to working with you!