- Academic Advisors
- Explore & Enroll in Engineering
- Apply To Your Major
- Undergraduate Research
- Grand Challenges
- Graduate Study
- Transfer Credit
- Academic Standing & Policies
- Student Resources
- Forms and Petitions
Academic Path Peers
Greetings from the Academic Path Peer Program!
Our APP program is currently on hiatus for the summer as we revise our program and recruit our new class for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Please check back at the start of autumn semester to connect with an APP!
What is the APP Program?
Academic Path Peers, or APPs, are undergraduate students who are available to answer questions and chat with current students about life as an engineering student in their specific major or pre-major. APPs can talk to you about their own experiences choosing an engineering major, getting involved on campus, finding a work/study/life balance, and life as a Buckeye. These conversations can help you figure out your own individual academic path. Plus, it's a great way to meet other engineering students and make Ohio State feel like home!
How do I become an APP?
Interested in helping other students find their academic path? Apply to be an Academic Path Peer! Our application will be open starting July 1.
To submit an application for consideration, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled in the College of Engineering as an undergraduate engineering student (major or pre-major)
- Be responsive to questions from current students and chat about your experience at Ohio State.
- Be friendly and professional.
- Provide examples of thoughtful advice for other students.
- Be in good academic standing at the university.
- Recommended but not required: maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
We look forward to working with you!