You are here

Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering

The William G. Lowrie Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering has full-time undergraduate academic advisors dedicated to assisting students.  Students are encouraged to meet often with our advisors to discuss their academic progress and any questions or concerns they may have. 

Where is the Chemical and Biomolecular Advising Office located?

Office Location: 6th Floor, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering and Chemistry Building (CBEC)
Click here to visit the department's website.

When should I schedule an appointment?

Appointments are great for in-depth advising, as they are scheduled in advance and can last up to 30 minutes at a time. You should schedule an appointment for topics like:

  • Completing a course projection or petition (SAP appeal, ROTC projection, etc.)
  • Talking through decisions and weighing options
  • Planning your courses and scheduling
  • Exploring majors and minors
  • Checking on your progress and performance

You can schedule an appointment by contacting one of the advisors listed below. Appointments must be scheduled a day in advance. If you email a request for an appointment, you must list the times you have available.

When should I come to walk-in hours?

Walk-ins are limited to five minutes per student, so they are really only for times when you just need your advisor to process something: add a class you have already picked out, drop a class where you don't need to talk through the decision, that type of thing. Walk-ins are first-come, first-served. If you have a question or a situation that will take longer than is appropriate for a walk-in, the advising staff will help you schedule an appointment for a later date.

Katie Bush-Glenn and Brian Endres keep an open door policy. Students are welcome to walk in and stop by anytime their office doors are open! However, if students want to guarantee that they will be available, contact them to set up an appointment ahead of time.

When should I email my advisor?

Emailing your advisor with questions you have is another great way to connect. Keep in mind that, due to the limitations of written communication, conversing over email is not the same as talking one-on-one with your advisor in person. As a general rule, stick to questions that are primarily transactional in nature: 

  • asking for a copy of a form
  • verifying a course equivalency
  • sending documentation such as a signed course enrollment permission slip or a request to drop a class

Always contact your advisor directly through your OSU Buckeyemail. Advisors are not able to respond to academic questions to an external email address, due to FERPA. Also, external email addresses may be filtered into your advisor's junk folder. OSU Buckeyemail is the only way to communicate electronically with your advisor.

How do I change into the pre-major?

Are you a student who is currently in the College of Engineering? If so, changing pre-majors is easy! You can request to change into the CBE pre-major program by emailing a CBE advisor or by setting up an appointment.

Are you a student who is not in the College of Engineering? If so, please review the admission requirements to change into the College of Engineering pre-major program. If you meet the criteria, you can request to change into the CBE pre-major program by emailing a CBE advisor or by setting up an appointment.

Which advisor should I work with?

CBE advisors will work with all students, but each has an area of specialization. Review each advisor's information and select the advisor who best fits your 

Our Advising Staff 

Katie Bush-Glenn

Academic Advisor

Advises: first and second years

Additional Responsibilities: orientation, university survey

614 Koffolt Labs (CBEC)

Brian Endres

Academic Advisor and Coordinator of Academic Advising

Advises: third and fourth years, international students

Additional Responsibilities: graduation certification, CBE transfer credit, oversees advising office

616 Koffolt Labs (CBEC)