- Academic Advisors
- Aerospace Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Food, Agricultural, Biological and Ecological Engineering
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Knowlton School
- Materials Science and Engineering and Welding Engineering
- EASE (Undeclared, Re-Exploring, Honors, Scholars, Research)
- Explore & Enroll in Engineering
- Academic Path Peers
- Apply To Your Major
- Undergraduate Research
- Grand Challenges
- Graduate Study
- Transfer Credit
- Academic Standing & Policies
- Student Resources
- Forms and Petitions
You are here
Engineering Academic Success & Engagement
Welcome to advising in the Office of Engineering Academic Success & Engagement! Our program supports students in the following advising groups:
Green Engineering Scholars
Humanitarian Engineering Scholars
We are excited to work with you and help you on your academic path.
Where is the advising office located?
Office Location: 2070 Neil Ave. Hitchcock Hall Room 025
When should I schedule an appointment?
Appointments are great for in-depth advising, as they are scheduled in advance and can last up to 30 minutes at a time. You should schedule an appointment for topics like:
- Changing into the Engineering Undeclared program
- Learning about the Honors program and undergraduate research
- Talking through decisions and weighing options
- Planning your courses and scheduling
- Exploring majors and minors
- Reviewing petitions and evaluating coursework
- Checking on your progress and performance
To schedule an appointment:
- Go to OnCourse.
- Select "Schedule Academic Advising."
- Select "Engineering Academic Success and Engagement."
- Select the reason you want to meet with an advisor.
- Select the location "Engineering Academic Success and Engagement - 025 Hitchcock Hall."
- Choose an advisor.
- Select an available time.
- Add any additional comments you want your advisor to review and prepare for your appointment.
- Select "Confirm Appointment."
If you have any issues scheduling an appointment, please contact email@example.com.
Keep in mind that, while we try to accommodate requests, our advisors sometimes do not have availability for a few weeks due to student appointments. This happens particularly during times when students schedule classes. Plan ahead and schedule your appointment well in advance!
When should I come to walk-ins hours?
Walk-ins are limited to five minutes per student, so they are for quick questions. Walk-ins are first-come, first-served. If you have a situation that will take longer than is appropriate for a walk-in, the advisor will help you schedule an appointment for a later date.
Autumn 2018 Walk-in Hours
|Day||Time||Walk-ins Provided For:|
|Tuesday||10:30AM - 12:30PM||
Undecared, Re-Exploring, Humanitarian Scholars,
|Wednesday||10:30AM - 12:30PM||Undeclared, Re-Exploring, Honors|
2:30PM - 4:30PM
|Undeclared, Re-Exploring, Honors, Research|
|Friday||10:30AM - 12:30PM||Undeclared, Re-Exploring, Green Scholars|
No walk-ins during break periods.
When should I email my advisor?
Emailing your advisor with questions you have is another great way to connect.
Always contact your advisor directly through your OSU Buckeyemail. Advisors are not able to respond to academic questions to an external email address, due to FERPA. Also, external email addresses may be filtered into your advisor's junk folder. OSU Buckeyemail is the only way to communicate electronically with your advisor.
How do I change into the Engineering Undeclared program?
Are you a student who is currently in the College of Engineering? If so, changing pre-majors is easy! You can request to change into the Engineering Undeclared program by emailing an Undeclared advisor, setting up an appointment, or coming to our walk-in hours.
Are you a student who is not in the College of Engineering? If so, please review the admission requirements to change into the College of Engineering pre-major program.
If you meet the criteria, we recommend setting up an appointment with an advisor to change into our program. That way, you and your advisor can talk about the program, the admission to major process, review your schedule, and answer any questions you may have.
Which advisor should I work with?
Each of our advisors has his/her own personal style and we encourage students to work with the advisor who best suits their needs. Our advisors also work with special populations, so choose an advisor who specializes in your advising group.
Our Advising Staff
Director of Academic Advising
Advises: Undeclared, Re-Exploring
Additional Responsibilities: oversees and coordinates advising for the College of Engineering, petitions, academic standing
Coordinator of Academic Advising
Advises: Undeclared, Re-Exploring, First Year Honors, Honors Contract, Honors Research and Undergraduate Research
Additional Responsibilities: campus change, undergraduate research and distinction, FEH
Humanitarian Engineering Scholars Program Manager
Advises: Undeclared, Humanitarian Engineering Minor
Additional Responsibilities: Humanitarian Engineering Minor advising, Humanitarian Engineering Scholars
Green Engineering Scholars Program Manager
Additional Responsibilities: Green Engineering Scholars
Responsibilities: administrative support for advising office, schedule of classes