- Academic Advisors
- Aerospace Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Food, Agricultural, Biological and Ecological Engineering
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Knowlton School
- Materials Science and Engineering and Welding Engineering
- Engineering Undeclared
- Engineering Re-Exploring
- Honors and Undergraduate Research
- Explore & Enroll in Engineering
- Apply To Your Major
- Undergraduate Research
- Grand Challenges
- Graduate Study
- Transfer Credit
- Academic Standing & Policies
- Student Resources
- Forms and Petitions
You are here
Food, Agricultural, Biological and Ecological Engineering
Welcome to advising in the Food, Agricultural, Biological and Ecological Engineering program! We are excited to work with you and help you on your academic path.
Where is the advising office located?
Office Location: 260B Agricultural Engineering Building
Click here to visit the department's website.
When should I schedule an appointment?
Appointments are great for in-depth advising, as they are scheduled in advance and can last up to 30 minutes at a time. You should schedule an appointment for topics like:
- Changing into the program
- Talking through decisions and weighing options
- Planning your courses and scheduling
- Exploring majors, minors and related careers
- Reviewing petitions and degree audit issues
- Checking on your progress and performance
You can schedule an appointment by contacting an advisor. Contact information is listed at the bottom of this page.
Keep in mind that, while we try to accommodate requests, our advisors sometimes do not have availability for a few weeks due to student appointments. This happens particularly during times when students schedule classes. Plan ahead and schedule your appointment well in advance!
When should I come to walk-ins hours?
Walk-ins are limited to five minutes per student, so they are for times when you only need your advisor to process something: add a class you have already picked out, drop a class where you don't need to talk through the decision, that type of thing. Walk-ins are first-come, first-served. If you have a question or a situation that will take longer than is appropriate for a walk-in, the advising staff will help you schedule an appointment for a later date.
When should I email my advisor?
Emailing your advisor with questions you have is another great way to connect. Keep in mind that, due to the limitations of written communication, conversing over email is not the same as talking one-on-one with your advisor in person. As a general rule, stick to questions that are primarily transactional in nature:
- asking for a copy of a form
- verifying a course equivalency
- sending documentation such as a signed course enrollment permission slip or a request to drop a class
Always contact your advisor directly through your OSU Buckeyemail. Advisors are not able to respond to academic questions to an external email address, due to FERPA. Also, external email addresses may be filtered into your advisor's junk folder. OSU Buckeyemail is the only way to communicate electronically with your advisor.
How do I change into the program?
Are you a student who is currently in the College of Engineering? If so, changing pre-majors is easy! You can request to change into the FABE program by emailing a FABE advisor, setting up an appointment, or coming to our walk-in hours.
Are you a student who is not in the College of Engineering? If so, please review the admission requirements to change into the College of Engineering pre-major program. If you meet the criteria, we recommend setting up an appointment with a FABE advisor to change into our program. That way, you and your advisor can talk about the program, the admission to major process, review your schedule, and answer any questions you may have.
Our Advising Staff
Academic Advisor and Academic Program Coordinator
Advises: all FABE students
Additional Responsibilities: advises Construction Systems Management students, graduation certification, university survey, orientation