Food, Agricultural, Biological and Ecological Engineering
Welcome to advising in the Food, Agricultural, Biological and Ecological Engineering program! We are excited to work with you and help you on your academic path.
UPDATE JANUARY 2020
Kelli is currently out on maternity leave and will not be responding to emails during her absence. She expects to return in April. In her absence, Anne Frissora will be the interim FABE academic advisor. She can be reached at Frissora.email@example.com.
- For basic questions about specializations, timelines, student experience, initial interest in the major, etc: email one of our upper-class students, either Shannon at Dixon.firstname.lastname@example.org or Nick at Seneczko.email@example.com
- For scheduling/timeline questions: first, email Anne at Frissora.firstname.lastname@example.org and she will let you know whether you should meet with her or a faculty advisor within your specialization of interest. Note that Kelli can assist with full timeline-to-degree plans upon her return.
- For major application questions: first, review ALL information at https://advising.engineering.osu.edu/current-students/applying-your-major . If you still have questions, contact Anne at Frissora.email@example.com
Please note that emails sent to Kelli before April will not receive a response, as she will be focused on her family. If your concerns are not resolved before her return or are not time-sensitive, please feel free to re-send your request in April and she will be happy to assist upon her return.
Where is the advising office located?
Office Location: 260B Agricultural Engineering Building
Click here to visit the department's website.
When should I schedule an appointment?
Appointments are great for in-depth advising, as they are scheduled in advance and can last up to 30 minutes at a time. You should schedule an appointment for topics like:
- Changing into the program
- Talking through decisions and weighing options
- Planning your courses and scheduling
- Exploring majors, minors and related careers
- Reviewing petitions and degree audit issues
- Checking on your progress and performance
You can schedule an appointment at OnCourse.
Keep in mind that, while we try to accommodate requests, our advisors sometimes do not have availability for a few weeks due to student appointments. This happens particularly during times when students schedule classes. Plan ahead and schedule your appointment well in advance!
When should I come to walk-ins hours?
Walk-ins are limited to five minutes per student, so they are for times when you only need your advisor to process something: add a class you have already picked out, drop a class where you don't need to talk through the decision, that type of thing. Walk-ins are first-come, first-served. If you have a question or a situation that will take longer than is appropriate for a walk-in, schedule an appointment at OnCourse.
When should I email my advisor?
Emailing your advisor with questions you have is another great way to connect. Keep in mind that, due to the limitations of written communication, conversing over email is not the same as talking one-on-one with your advisor in person. As a general rule, stick to questions that are primarily transactional in nature:
- asking for a copy of a form
- verifying a course equivalency
- sending documentation such as a signed course enrollment permission slip or a request to drop a class
Always contact your advisor directly through your OSU Buckeyemail. Advisors are not able to respond to academic questions to an external email address, due to FERPA. Also, external email addresses may be filtered into your advisor's junk folder. OSU Buckeyemail is the only way to communicate electronically with your advisor.
How do I change into the program?
Are you a student who is currently in the College of Engineering? If so, changing pre-majors is easy! Set up an appointment at OnCourse to meet with an advisor to discuss the major, what your timeline-to-degree will look like, the major application process, and scheduling for the next term.
Are you a student who is not in the College of Engineering? If so, please review the admission requirements to change into the College of Engineering pre-major program. We recommend setting up an appointment with a FABE advisor to discuss admission to our program. You and your advisor can talk about the program, the admission to major process, review your schedule, and answer any questions you may have. You can also request to meet with a current FABE undergraduate student to learn about the major from a student’s perspective.
Our Advising Staff
Academic Advisor and Academic Program Coordinator
Advises: all FABE students
Additional Responsibilities: graduation certification, university survey, orientation
260B Agricultural Engineering Building