Forms and Petitions

Grade Forgiveness Petition - use when petitioning to apply grade forgiveness to a first attempt. The petition should be submitted when you are completing your second attempt in the course.

Course Enrollment Permission Form - use when pursuing enrollment in a class for which you need instructor permission (waive requisites, enroll in a full class, time conflict with another class, etc.)

Drop / Withdrawal Petition - Students must work with their academic advisor to complete any requests for a late withdrawal petition.  This is used when petitioning to withdraw from classes after the final drop deadline has passed, or when petitioning to change the effective date of a course you have already dropped. Only approved for extenuating circumstances. Review with your academic advisor for more information.

Late Course Add Petition - use when petitioning to enroll in a class after the add deadline has passed. You will need permission from both the instructor and the department chair of the course you are requesting to add. Review petition for more information

Petition for Reinstatement - use when petitioning for reinstatement after a dismissal from a department, the College of Engineering, or The Ohio State University. You should submit your Petition for Reinstatement to the program you wish to pursue, not necessarily the program from which you were dismissed. (Example: students who were dismissed from OSU while in the College of Business who now want to pursue a specific degree in the College of Engineering should submit a Petition for Reinstatement to the degree program in the College of Engineering.)

Fresh Start Application - use when petitioning to apply the Fresh Start Rule to your academic record. In order to be eligible to apply Fresh Start to your academic record, you must refrain from enrolling in any classes at OSU (any campus) for 5 consecutive academic years (20 quarter terms or 15 semester terms). If you have questions about the Fresh Start Rule and whether you should pursue it, contact an academic advisor prior to re-enrolling at Ohio State.

Application for Degree-Seeking Status in the College of Engineering - use when applying for degree-seeking status in the College of Engineering from the Extended Education program. If you have questions about whether you should pursue degree-seeking status, contact an academic advisor in the Office of Extended Education.

Petition to Receive Undergraduate Credit for Graduate-Level Course - use when attempting to enroll in a graduate-level course and apply the course credit toward an undergraduate degree. This course cannot be later applied to any graduate degrees. To review options for enrolling in graduate-level coursework and applying course credit toward graduate-level degrees, check out the Combined BS/MS Program or the Senior Petition.

College Curricular Petition (Advisor access only) - students must work with an advisor to review potential coursework and submit a petition.

Forms and SIS Job Aids (Advisor access only)