- Academic Advisors
- Aerospace Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Food, Agricultural, Biological and Ecological Engineering
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Knowlton School
- Materials Science and Engineering and Welding Engineering
- Engineering Undeclared
- Engineering Re-Exploring
- Honors and Undergraduate Research
- Explore & Enroll in Engineering
- Academic Path Peers
- Apply To Your Major
- Undergraduate Research
- Grand Challenges
- Graduate Study
- Transfer Credit
- Academic Standing & Policies
- Student Resources
- Forms and Petitions
Honors and Undergraduate Research
Welcome to advising in the Honors and Undergraduate Research programs! We are excited to work with you and help you on your academic path.
Where is the advising office located?
Office Location: 2070 Neil Ave, Hitchcock Hall Room 025
When should I schedule an appointment?
Appointments are great for in-depth advising, as they are scheduled in advance and can last up to 30 minutes at a time. You should schedule an appointment for topics like:
- Talking through decisions and weighing options
- Learning about options within the Honors program
- Planning your undergraduate research thesis or honors contract
- Checking on your progress and performance
To schedule an appointment:
- Visit go.osu.edu/oncourse
- Select "Schedule Academic Advising."
- Select "Engingineering Honors and Research Advising."
- Select the reason you want to meet with an advisor.
- Select the location "Engineering Honors and Research Advising - 025 Hitchcock Hall."
- Choose an advisor.
- Select an available time.
- Add any additional comments you want your advisor to review and prepare for your appointment.
- Select "Confirm Appointment."
- If you have any issues scheduling an appointment, please contact email@example.com.
Keep in mind that, while we try to accommodate requests, our advisors sometimes do not have availability for a few weeks due to our advisors being busy with students appointments. This happens particularly during times when students are scheduling classes. Plan ahead and schedule your appointment well in advance!
When should I come to walk-in hours?
Walk-ins are limited to five minutes per student, so they are for times when you only need your advisor to answer a quick, simple question. Walk-ins are first-come, first-served. If you have a question or a situation that will take longer than is appropriate for a walk-in, the advising staff will help you schedule an appointment for a later date.
Fall 2017 Honors and Undergraduate Research Walk-In Schedule
- Undergraduate Research Questions - Wednesday, 10:00 - 12:00
- Honors Contract Questions - Thursday, 10:00 - 12:00
- Joining Honors Questions - Wednesday or Thursday, 10:00 - 12:00
No walk-ins during break periods.
When should I email my advisor?
Emailing your advisor with questions you have is another great way to connect. Keep in mind that, due to the limitations of written communication, conversing over email is not the same as talking one-on-one with your advisor in person. As a general rule, stick to questions that are primarily transactional in nature:
- asking for a copy of a form
- verifying a course equivalency
- sending documentation such as a signed course enrollment permission slip or a request to drop a class
Always contact your advisor directly through your OSU Buckeyemail address. Advisors are not able to respond to academic questions to an external email address, due to FERPA. Also, external email addresses may be filtered into your advisor's junk folder. OSU Buckeyemail is the only way to communicate electronically with your advisor.
Which advisor should I work with?
Each of our advisors specializes in the type of honors or research advising they provide. Pay attention to the specializations listed below and choose the advisor who has the expertise to provide the guidance you want.
Our Advising Staff
Coordinator of Academic Advising
Advises: Honors Contract and IBE
Additional Responsibilities: Undeclared, Re-Exploring, Student Athletes, Orientation Coordination
Coordinator of Academic Advising
Advises: Undergraduate Research, Research Distinction and Honors Research Distinction
Additional Responsibilities: Undeclared, Re-Exploring, Campus Change
Responsibilities: administrative support for advising office, schedule of classes, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts, Columbus Campus