- Academic Advisors
- Aerospace Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Food, Agricultural, Biological and Ecological Engineering
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Knowlton School
- Materials Science and Engineering and Welding Engineering
- EASE (Undeclared, Re-Exploring, Honors, Scholars, Research)
- Explore & Enroll in Engineering
- Academic Path Peers
- Apply To Your Major
- Undergraduate Research
- Grand Challenges
- Graduate Study
- Transfer Credit
- Academic Standing & Policies
- Student Resources
- Forms and Petitions
Industrial and Systems Engineering
Welcome to advising in the Industrial and Systems Engineering program! We are excited to work with you and help you on your academic path.
ISE Advising During Spring 2018
The full-time ISE academic advisor will be on leave from late November through mid-March. During this time, the advisors in the Engineering Academic Success and Engagement (EASE) Office will provide advising support to ISE students!
Where is the EASE advising office located?
Office Location: 2070 Neil Ave. Hitchcock Hall Room 025
Which EASE Advisor should I work with?
These EASE advisors have been cross-trained in the ISE curriculum and can answer basic questions about the ISE program or refer you to appropriate contacts in the ISE department:
How do I schedule an appointment?
Appointments are great for in-depth advising, as they are scheduled in advance and can last up to 30 minutes at a time.
To schedule an appointment:
- Go to OnCourse.
- Select "Schedule Academic Advising."
- Select "Engineering Academic Success and Engagement."
- Select the reason you want to meet with an advisor.
- Select the location "Engineering Academic Success and Engagement - 025 Hitchcock Hall."
- As advisor choose: Mike Knisley, Suzanne Dantuono, or Amanda Crall.
- Select an available time.
- Add any additional comments you want your advisor to review and prepare for your appointment.
- Select "Confirm Appointment."
- If you have any issues scheduling an appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep in mind that, while we try to accommodate requests, our advisors sometimes do not have availability for a few weeks due to student appointments. This happens particularly during times when students schedule classes. Plan ahead and schedule your appointment well in advance!
When should I email my advisor?
Emailing your advisor with questions you have is another great way to connect. Keep in mind that, due to the limitations of written communication, conversing over email is not the same as talking one-on-one with your advisor in person. As a general rule, stick to questions that are primarily transactional in nature:
- Asking for a copy of a form
- Verifying a course equivalency
- Sending documentation such as a signed course enrollment permission slip or a request to drop a class
Always contact your advisor directly through your OSU Buckeyemail. Advisors are not able to respond to academic questions to an external email address, due to FERPA. Also, external email addresses may be filtered into your advisor's junk folder. OSU Buckeyemail is the only way to communicate electronically with your advisor.
How do I change into the program?
Are you a student who is currently in the College of Engineering? If so, changing pre-majors is easy! You can request to change into the ISE program by emailing an EASE advisor or setting up an appointment.
Are you a student who is not in the College of Engineering? If so, please review the admission requirements to change into the College of Engineering pre-major program. If you meet the criteria, you can change into the program by emailing an EASE advisor or setting up an appointment.