Joining the Honors Program
As a current student, you can earn Honors status once you meet the following criteria:
- Complete 12 hours of graded coursework at OSU as an undergraduate student
- Earn an OSU Cumulative Point-Hour Ratio (CPHR) of 3.4 or higher
- Be able to complete either an Honors Thesis or an Honors Contract by the time of graduation
If you meet these criteria, you are eligible to request Honors status within the College of Engineering!
To request Honors status, you will need to complete the College of Engineering Joining Honors Quiz.
To prepare you for this quiz, you will need to review several pages on the Engineering Advising website, which are detailed below. This content is designed to introduce you to the wide array of enrichment opportunities offered through the Honors program and ensure you are aware of benchmarks you must meet to maintain your Honors status. In order for your upcoming enrollment appointment to reflect Honors scheduling priority, you must complete the College of Engineering Joining Honors Quiz by the second Friday of the current term.
Here are the pages to review prior to taking the quiz:
- Engineering Honors Distinctions
- Honors Contract
- Honors Research
- Maintaining Honors Status (deadlines)
Once you have reviewed these webpages and are ready to take the Joining Honors Quiz, you can click on the link below: