Your academic advisor is a student affairs professional who can guide you through decision-making, problem-solving, and making the most of your academic experience in the College of Engineering. Our program offers academic advising in each specific department, as well as college-wide advising for students exploring majors or students pursuing Honors and research programs.
Select an Advising Office
Computer Science and Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Food, Ag, Biological and Ecological Engineering
Industrial and Systems Engineering
Materials Science and Engineering
Knowlton School Advising
Architecture, Landscape Architecture, City and Regional Planning
We recommend you meet with your academic advisor at least once a semester. Your advisor can support you in the following areas:
- explore majors and careers within the College of Engineering and assess which programs are the most viable ones to pursue,
- explore majors outside of the College of Engineering that are related to technology and engineering disciplines
- understand important policies and procedures at Ohio State affecting your coursework, enrollment, academic standing, and progress toward graduation
- identify and connect with campus resources which can improve your academic performance
- plan your degree, including long-range projections and selection of courses
Here are some tips for a successful academic advising experience, including how to prepare for an appointment and what to expect!