- Academic Advisors
- Explore & Enroll in Engineering
- Academic Path Peers
- Apply To Your Major
- Undergraduate Research
- Grand Challenges
- Graduate Study
- Transfer Credit
- Academic Standing & Policies
- Student Resources
- Forms and Petitions
Name & Address Changes
In order to ensure your diploma is printed and, if needed, mailed correctly, you may need to submit a name change or update your mailing address.
Diplomas will be printed using your primary name on the university system. You will also receive a Candidate Information email that will list your name as it will appear on your diploma.
To officially change your name on your academic record, you must submit a Request for Change of Record form along with appropriate documentation verifying your name change to the Student Service Center by the 8th Friday of the semester. Name changes entered through Buckeye Link will NOT change the name printed on your diploma.
You should carefully complete this form and attach any necessary documentation per the instructions. It is extremely important that you
- mark it at the top that you are a graduating senior,
- ensure you have all the necessary documentation, and
- drop it off no later than the 8th Friday of the semester
If you are later than this date, you may fax it to 614-292-8700 or visit the Registrar in person on the 5th floor of the Student Services Center.
If you submit a Request for Change of Record form to the Student Service Center, you also need to email Jamie Paulson at firstname.lastname@example.org with an update about the changes you requested.
It's important that you make sure your permanent address in Buckeye Link is correct. If for any reason the university needs to mail your diploma to you, it will be sent to the permanent address listed in your Student Center.
To change your address:
1. Go to “My Student Center” in Buckeye Link.
2. Go to the “Personal Information” section.
3. Click on “Permanent Address”.
4. Click on the “edit” button.
5. Update address information and click on “OK”.
6. Choose the date on which your changes should take effect.
7. Click on “Save”.