GCSP students must be able to meld entrepreneurship and innovation to promote technological development in our society. For the case of unspecified immersion experiences, the mentor must review the student’s proposed experience and submit it to the GCSP Steering Committee for final approval.
An in-depth immersion in entrepreneurship can be accomplished by any one of the following:
- Placing in a business plan competition
- Involvement in the Customer Aligned Startup Training (C.A.S.T.) program in which students take an existing technology at OSU and drive it through the entire commercialization process with limited guidance from the Technology Commercialization and Knowledge Transfer Office
- Earning a minor in business, economics, or entrepreneurship and innovation
- An immersion experience or research activity spanning at least eight weeks
- Taking at least three semester-long business classes. Examples included below.
A medium-depth immersion in entrepreneurship can be accomplished by any one of the following:
- Participating in a business plan competition
- Participating in the BOSS Program through the TCO - a competition in which students pitch to a panel of judges, revise their ideas according to judge feedback, and return to pitch again over a period of six weeks
- Significant involvement in one of the many business/entrepreneurship organizations on campus, including, but not limited to- Students Consulting for Nonprofit Organizations (SCNO) and Business Builders Club (BBC) - documentation and approval from the OSU GCSP mentor and director needed
- An immersion experience or research activity lasting less than eight weeks
- Taking two semester-long business classes. Examples included below.
A minimum-depth immersion can be accomplished by any one of the following options:
- Taking one semester-long business class from the approved list below
- BUSFIN 3290 - Foundations of Entrepreneurial Finance
- BUSMHR 2500 - Entrepreneurship
- BUSMHR 3510.01 - New Venture Creation
- BUSMHR 3510.02 - Creating the Social Venture
- BUSMHR 3541 - Global Innovation and Entrepreneurial Leadership
- BUSMHR 3542 - The Accelerator: Planning the Entrepreneurial Venture
- BUSMHR 3660 - Innovation Practice
- BUSMHR 5530 - Topics in Social Entrepreneurship
- BUSML 3241 - Introduction to Entrepreneurial Marketing
- BUSML 4240 - New Product Management BUSML 4241 - Entrepreneurial Marketing
Additional courses and activities may be approved by the GCSP Steering Committee.
Back to GCSP Requirements Page