Congratulations! You are going to be a Buckeye in the College of Engineering!
In just a few weeks you will be starting your academic career in the College of Engineering at The Ohio State University. We know how excited you are to get started and to be successful.
The first step to success at Ohio State starts at Orientation during which you will learn many things about Ohio State and the College of Engineering. Most importantly, when you leave you will have your schedule of your first set of classes. In order to schedule the courses most appropriate for you, it is important you come to orientation prepared.
Preparing for Orientation
You will schedule your first set of classes at Ohio State during your orientation program. In order to do so, there are a few things you need to do to prepare before attending your orientation program.
Approximately three weeks before your scheduled orientation program, you will receive an email from the College of Engineering that will include important updates and reminders, so don't forget to monitor your Ohio State email inbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) as all messaging and outreach will be sent to your OSU email.
The purpose of orientation is:
- To better understand the structure of the College of Engineering at Ohio State
- To have a broad understanding of the pre-major program in Engineering
- To understand your math readiness at Ohio State
- To have a clear understanding of your course options, including math and science
- To be equipped with resources and tools for first-semester success
- To be provided a first-semester overview
- To have a first-semester schedule complete, with the consultation of your Academic Advisor
Preparing for orientation will ensure that your experience goes smoothly.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to ENG-Advisor@osu.edu